[vox-tech] Voodoo 3500 TV tuner

Gabe, et al,

I got a new hard drive so I decided to clean-install my system.
Everything's fine so far but I can't get the TV tuner card to work again.

What I did: I got the new modules off of v3tv.sourceforce.net, and built
them.  They didn't load smoothly (what's new?) so I had to figure out what
other modules needed to be loaded and got them all loaded.  Then I needed
a TV application so I got kwintv and xawtv and tried to get one of them
working.  After trials and tribulations I got them to both compile but
neither works, even froze the system a couple times already (man, I
already got some lost+found files...)

Symptoms: kwintv displays something for a couple seconds, then it
segfaults; the KDE segfault window pops up telling me to speak to the
app author.  xawtv will pop up but will only show the magenta
screen.  Tweaking the options will flash the images for a split of a
second but will go back to magenta very quickly.  Setting the option to
grab instead of overlay will show distorted images.  Neither has sound.

I'm running Mandrake 8.0.  XFree 4.0.x, kernel 2.4.3.  Somebody please
help before I go nuts!  I don't wanna boot to Windows to watch TV!

Thanks... ::sob::

-Mark (the only other tv is 13" b&w)

--
Mark K. Kim