Re: [vox-tech] group effort configuring a system

Re: [vox-tech] group effort configuring a system

I'd love to, but if it's out of your league Pete, it's way, WAAAAAAAAY out
of my league.  I don't know how much help I could be, I've never ever dealt
with braille readers or speech software.

Good news is it looks like there's some decent support out there for the
devices, a quick search on Google yielded some interesting sites.

http://www.beam.ltd.uk/xvil/
http://www.alva-bv.nl/braille/open_standard3.asp
http://www.utoronto.ca/atrc/reference/tech/linux.html

Though I imagine you've already looked at those.

At 03:50 PM 9/25/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>hello all,
>
>we've been contacted to install linux for a blind programmer.
>
>i'm out of my league here, and need some help.  i'd like to form a short term
>committee to look into available options for him and to help in the
>configuration of the system.
>
>is anyone interested in helping out with this project?
>
>pete
>
>--
>"You may not use the Software in connection with any site that disparages
>Microsoft, MSN, MSNBC, Expedia, or their products or services ..."
>                     -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002

Sam Peterson
Hart Interdisciplinary Programs
2201 Hart Hall
University of California, Davis