Re: [vox-tech] Redhat/FTP/Win2k Question

Re: [vox-tech] Redhat/FTP/Win2k Question

It might be that the ftp server is trying to reverse the clients address and
is timing out because you don't have dns running.

You could look into setting up dns for your internal network, or if it's small
and all you want is a quick fix, add the win2k's ip + name to /etc/hosts.

If this is what's happening, it's happening to ftp and not telnet because ftp
requires (not always) a connection back to the client.

<rant>

don't telnet, ssh :)

</rant>

HTH,