Re: [vox-tech] docbook question: comments

Re: [vox-tech] docbook question: comments

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 10:12:23AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
[snip: sgml comments syntax and difficulty therewith]
> ok, fair enough.  but until i finish converting the document, is there a
> "safe" way to have jade ignore the part of the document that hasn't been
> converted yet?
>
> i wish there were some kind of preprocessor thing i could use, like:
>
> 	<para>friends, romans, countrymen.  lend me your ears.<para>
>
> 	#if 0
> 	not converted yet...
> 	i come to bury caesar --- not to praise him.  the evil that men do [...]
> 	#endif

LinuxDoc (a predecessor to DocBook) had just that: a preprocessor and some
custom perl to convert into various formats. The modern way (DocBook) is more
compliant with standards (DSSSL, DTD validation) but come at the price of a
heavier, sometimes less flexible system.

The best I can offer is to suggest piping your input through "perl -ne
'print if ! m/^#/'" or similar before running jade.

--
Henry House