Re: [vox-tech] docbook question: comments

Re: [vox-tech] docbook question: comments

begin: Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com> quote
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 08:25:43AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > the text that's not converted yet is commented out with <!--  blah blah -->.
> > but when i run jade, it reports errors within the commented block, like so:
> >

> > <!--
> >
> > 	Dynamic libraries provide code for a running application--code gets linked
> > -->
> [...]
>
> Don't nest comments and don't create comments that contain the string '--'.
>
> In SGML, comments are inside a comment block, <! ... >, and begin and end
> with '--'. But you may have multiple comments in a block! So
> <!--foo----bar--> is two comments and <!--foo--bar--> is an error.

thanks, henry.

ok, fair enough.  but until i finish converting the document, is there a
"safe" way to have jade ignore the part of the document that hasn't been
converted yet?

i wish there were some kind of preprocessor thing i could use, like:

	<para>friends, romans, countrymen.  lend me your ears.<para>

	#if 0
	not converted yet...
	i come to bury caesar --- not to praise him.  the evil that men do [...]
	#endif

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002