[vox-tech] Help on some RH 7.1 problems !

[vox-tech] Help on some RH 7.1 problems !

Hi LinuxUsers,

    I am using RedHat 7.1.  Following are the problems
which I encounter frequently.  I don't know whether
these are bugs or my ignorance.  Kindly clarify me.

1.)  Whenever I lock the screen and if it is idle
     for more time(5 hrs). then, the display becomes
     black and I could not see anything in my
computer.      I have to telnet to this machine quit
and restart.
     I have tried to disable both the poweroff in the
     bios and also the screen saver but in vain.

2.)  Also, sometimes when I use serial port to collect
     my data under linux the system freezes.  But,
     this time I could see the display but, could not
     move the mouse.  Again for this I have to reset.
     But, now I can't even see it from other machine.
     I lost both the data and also the time(luckily
the
     expt. goes for 4 hrs).

3.)  Whenever I start netscape it took around 4-5
mins.
     to come to normal mode whereby one can type the
     webaddress to load.  It stays idle for a while
     before coming to live.  But, this does not
happens
     with Konqueror or opera.

Kindly give your suggestions to overcome this problem.

thanks
Viswanath P.