January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Loki - CD

> tom,
>
> on the contrary, i probably spend more time helping
> people with linux than
> anyone i or you know.
>
> you may not understand this, but you have to believe
> me when i say that
> asking you to pick up a book on linux is the best
> advice anyone can give
> here.  and everyone here knows it.
<snip>

This is meant to provoke thought, especially since
Linux Torvalds is encouraging developers to make the
Linux desktop easier to use...

Tom, the upshot is: If you want to run a system that
"just works", use Windows or Macintosh. If you don't
mind spending many hours studying up on how to use an
operating system, obtain some Linux books (however you
can) and start reading... My philosophy is, if someone
is hungry, feed them. Perhaps it is a disservice not
to teach them how to be a proficient hunter/gatherer,
but I figure if they want to know how to do that,
they'll ask, or they'll obtain that knowledge on their
own. In the meantime, they won't go hungry.

So, if anyone knows how to run the demo, just tell
Tom, and stop alienating potential Linux users. ; )

ERic