January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Broadcasting video over a network

Re: [vox-tech] Broadcasting video over a network

If you can get a Linux4Video supported frame grabber or TV capture card, I
think you can just use the free versions of RealProducer and RealPlayer.
Unfortunately I've been having some hard time getting RealProducer to work
under Linux, though... but I'm working mostly with static audio stuff, not
live video, so the situation may be different for you.

Alternatively, you can just use one of those remote cameras like the one
featured here:

   http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=135&item=VC-220&type=store

(watch out for the text wrap in the URL).  You can then plug in the
receiver to any of your video devices, like a VCR or a TV capture card
anywhere in the house (if it's powerful enough :)

-Mark (Still in Japan, haven't purchased any Japanese Linux distro yet...)