Re: [vox-tech] Apache timing out

At 03:44 PM 8/28/2001 +0000, Larry wrote:

>Where do I look in linux to find / set CPU usage limits for users? I've
>checked a couple of Linux books, online FAQs and documentation and searched
>google. I must be looking for the wrong thing; all I am finding is monitors
>that display CPU usage. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Larry
>
>Larry Ozeran
>Clinical Informatics, Inc.

Hmm, you can try the pam_limits.so PAM module which is configured via
/etc/security/limits.conf (on RedHat anyway), but that limits CPU
usage.  It sounds like you want to be able to have more CPU usage, which is
beyond my knowledge other than "nice" but I don't know how that would be
used with apache.

Anybody else have any ideas?  I'd love to know what the answer is too.

Sam Peterson
Hart Interdisciplinary Programs
2201 Hart Hall
University of California, Davis