Re: [vox-tech] Newbie NIC diagnostics

begin: Takashi Ishihara <tishihara@ucdavis.edu> quote
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 09:40:42AM -0700, Donald Dunn wrote:
> > Looking for an source of info (online preferred) for diagnosing Linux ethernet,TCP/IP NIC configurations.  I could just ask my question, but I'd rather do it myself.
>
> Anyhow, read FAQ and HOWTOs at linuxdoc.org or something?
> Alternatively,
> man man
> man -k nic
> man -k network

this is unhelpful.  i'm sure he knows about them.

> Yet another alternate way is to read Stevens.

yes, and won't you please rewrite the linux tcp stack while you're at it.
however, if you're only having networking problems, you might want to skip
reading stevens.  :-)

> Oh, and you can always use search engines before asking questions.
> (and man -k or apropos. if no luck ask Q. that's my way).

this is the proper forum for asking questions.

don, if you could narrow down what you mean by problem, i might be able to
give you a more helpful answer.  networking is a very broad subject...

pete