Re: [vox-tech] Newbie NIC diagnostics

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 09:40:42AM -0700, Donald Dunn wrote:
> Looking for an source of info (online preferred) for diagnosing Linux ethernet,TCP/IP NIC configurations.  I could just ask my question, but I'd rather do it myself.

AFAIK, so-called diagnostics program is available on DOS only.

Anyhow, read FAQ and HOWTOs at linuxdoc.org or something?
Alternatively,
man man
man -k nic
man -k network
... etc etc ...
check out dmsg and/or insmod to load appropreate module
play with ifconfig (read man first).
if ifconfig -a shows everything correct, then play with ping and traceroute.

Yet another alternate way is to read Stevens.
Oh, and you can always use search engines before asking questions.
(and man -k or apropos. if no luck ask Q. that's my way).
Good luck.