Re: [vox-tech] blobs, php and postgres

I answered my own question(s)... sorta.

I wrote previously about encountering some weirdness while trying to
move large objects in and out of a postgres database with php3. The
solution turned out to have the form submit text fields rather than
files. I am not sure why, but the file submissions were passed as the
value of the handle, rather than the file. Fortunately, pasting turned
out to be everyone's preference anyway. Now we can have tuples with
unlimited string length (unless we run out of disk space).

The next step is to figure out postgres LOBS with Perl DBI. The
documentation isn't very helpful. :-p

--
Eric Engelhard