Re: [vox-tech] off topic question

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, andy huang wrote:
> i got a D in my math class , is it necessary to retake that course or
>it is ok to have a D to satisfy the requirement?

You should retake it.  You think your trouble with the material will
magically resolve itself when you take a class that builds on it?

And--public service announcement for all engineering/science students--Tau
Beta Pi (engineering honors society) offers *free* tutoring for most
lower division engineering-type classes.  (Math, physics, EE, CS, etc.)
It's held in the basement of the Physical Sciences library most weekday
evenings.  (I forget the exact schedule, but it's posted in the TBP glass
case--opposite the undergrad affairs office in EU2)  Please come; they'd
love to help you all out.  (I say this with confidence because I was in
TBP, and it is very very boring to sit around waiting to tutor people and
have no one show up.)

--nicole (parenthetical remarks, yes!) twn

***
"Rides first, THEN food."--helpful advice from the California State Fair
commission