Re: [vox-tech] yacc/lex bison/flex

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 11:47:04AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> begin: Micah Cowan <micah@cowanbox.com> quote
>
> good stuff deleted
>
> > Bison/flex aren't libraries - they're compilers; they compile
> > bison/flex code into C code.  So once you've compiled on your system,
> > you no longer have to fuss with what other people have (besides a C
> > compiler).
> >
> > HTH,
>
> yes, it helped absolutely.  thanks for clearing that up for me.   i think
> flex/bison is the best way for me to go.  time to read the info pages.
>
> thank you, micah!
> pete
>
> btw, is there a way of taking all the bison/flex info pages and generating
> one big file suitable for printing or lessing?

Sure.  That's where GNU manuals come from, after all!

.info files are generated from Texinfo source files, which are
directly processable by TeX, assuming that you have the texinfo.tex
file installed.  They can also be turned into info files (of course)
or html via makeinfo.  Also, info can output text files using the -o
option.

Probably your distro has texinfo.tex installed, but not the original
.texi|.tex|.texinfo|.txi files.  If you want 'em, D/L the bison/flex
source, and just find them.*

*However, this won't be necessary.  I went through the process to make
 sure my information was accurate, so I can just send you the
 .texinfo, .ps, .pdf, and/or .html files.  Just email me with which
 ones you want.

Micah