Re: [vox-tech] ISO8859-1 font problem

matt, when was the last time you updated your system?  it's my understanding
that sid regularly breaks for short periods of time.

anyway, without X running, from console, do:

X -probeonly 2>X.err

(yes, that's one dash.  why?  i dunno!)

look for error messages.  i believe this might be kept (also) in
/var/log/xdm.log, although why it's called "xdm" is beyond me.  another
wierdness.

also, go to your font directories and make sure that that "fonts.alias" and
"fonts.dir" exist.  run 'mkfontdir *' if not.

begin: Matt Roper <mattrope@mattrope.com> quote