[vox-tech] yacc/lex bison/flex

dear all,

is either yacc/lex or bison/flex a standard thing to be on peoples' systems?
do most distros install them by default?

i know they're pretty standard on debian, but i'm mainly curious about
standard redhat, mandrake and suse installs.

the issue here is that i need to find a better way of parsing input.
currently, i do a lot of string acrobatics.  the glib library has made the
acrobatics less death-defying, but it's still a kludge.

i've been thinking about using libregex, but it's really not as powerful as i
would've liked it to be.  and it's certainly not convenient.   i thought
about libpre3, but i KNOW this library isn't installed by default on many
distros.

pete