Re: [vox-tech] which linux is most compatible with VMWare ?

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, andy huang wrote:

> i use redhat 7.0 , i did try startx, it didn't work

Did you run Xconfigurator? It should autodetect your video setup and create
the appropriate config files for you.

It is also a good idea to always start with the simplest config, and work your
way up once it works. Try running a vga16 config.

what errors are you getting?
there are a lot of things that may be happening, "it didn't work" doesn't
really answer many questions.

-Gabe