Re: [vox-tech] which linux is most compatible with VMWare ?

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, andy huang wrote:

> i use redhat 7.0 , i did try startx, it didn't work

a) did you install the server configuration? That typically doesn't
install XWindows.

b) "it didn't work" is extremely difficult to troubleshoot.  What exactly
did it respond with when you tried startx?  Which runlevel are you in (use
the "runlevel" command)? Did you answer questions regarding your video
during the installation with "generic SVGA" (right) or did you specify
your actual hardware (wrong... vmware emulates the video)?

There are other things to check, but these are a good start... you need to
write more... lots more :)

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing