Re: [vox-tech] Mandrake 8.0 and ADSL

Ok, I updated the driver to version 1.07. This certainly has improved
things, as now I am able to telnet into the cs machines and also into the
router. I can even get to yahoo.com (big improvement).

However, I still am not getting an error-free transmission and there is
still packet loss. That is not going away. I am using the router in full
static mode, DHCP disabled, ISP DNS info entered into the linux conifg.

I am sorry if I gave you the impression that windows doesn't work right
with the router. It does, windows has no problem. I meant to say that in
linux if i unplug the router and plug in the DSL modem directly into the
NIC, that works absolutely fine. Windows is fine, router or no router.

Even as I am typing this email (i am teleneted into isun), i am getting
frquent 'freezes' indicating stalls.

-ashwini