Re: [vox-tech] Mandrake 8.0 and ADSL

(replying to vox-tech)

Did you try changing the DNS server to the ISP's DNS servers?  That is the
first culprit, since you mentioned that you point your DNS queries to your
router.  Change this in /etc/resolv.conf

Did you read Henry's post?  You might have to recompile the kernel
(actually you should to optimize performance) in order to take out that
option in the kernel.

Try putting another NIC in.  NICs are cheap these days.  One can be had
for $5-$15.

In the router configuration, did you name your router correctly?  I know
that in my cable modem setup, I have to set the router to be a certain
name in order for the the ISP (AT&T) send packets over.

Do you have to register the MAC address with your ISP?  When I bought a
new cable modem, I had to call them to register the new MAC.

A remote possibility would be your firewall rules.  However, you're
getting some packets, so I would rule that out for now.

I'll be testing a Netgear router in my cable modem setup probably today.
I'll let you know what kinds of trouble I'm running into.  I'm running LRP
right now.

Foo