[vox-tech] Mandrake 8.0 and ADSL

Hi

This is my problem:

Just installed Mandrake and everything is working fine except my internet connection.

I am behind a Netgear router, have a static IP (no PPPoE, nothing). So in the Network properties I put my IP as 192.168.0.5 and gateway 192.168.0.1 (router), subnet 255.255.255.0 and DNS as 192.168.0.1 (pointing to the router).

Iin Netscape, all websites load sloooowly, as if I was on a 1K modem. Actually, the page doesn't load at all, it stalls. This is not a problem with Netscape only but also Mozilla and Konqueror.The network is alive since I can ping websites. But there is significant packet loss (18%, 20%, its bad). I changed my RWIN to 37690 from the default 65000 something and the MTU to 1500, no effect.

If I pull out the router and plug the modem directly into the NIC (Netgear FA 312), it works absolutely fine. Also when a web page is loading or I am pinging some site, if I run ifconig, it will show something like the following (just an example):

RX packets:239359 errors:3456 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:168

Needless to say when the modem is plugged in, there are 0 errors and there is no packet loss.

I'd be grateful if someone could suggest a fix. Thanks.

-ashwini
-