RE: [vox-tech] HD xfer

(replied to vox-tech)

I called WD tech support today, and the person mentioned that perhaps my
drive cable was bad.  He also mentioned that my controller may be bad
also, but that's unlikely, since I have a Maxtor hooked up as slave
without any problems.

He suggested I turn on my system without cables and see if it still
clicks.  If it doesn't, then I should get a new cable, which I will have
handy.  If it does, he seemed willing to give me a RMA, since it's still
under warranty.

Let's hope for the best when I try this on Monday.

FL