[vox-tech] opera -- sad news

i'm sorry to report that opera 5.0 now has ... issues.

if you're still using beta 7 or beta 8, don't upgrade to the final version.
here's a list of broken things in 5.0 final:

1. in some situations, tags like </TT> and </I> get ignored.  like inside of
    lists.

2. zooming doesn't work nearly as well for text marked up with <TT> and <I>.

3. printing doesn't work well for text marked up with <TT> and <I>.

i've been using mozilla lately for times when opera looks too awful.

geez.  this was the nicest and best behaved browser out of the entire bunch.
i hope they fix it.

btw, it's still about 5-8 times faster at rendering pages and starting up
than any other browser out there except for lynx/links.

pete