[vox-tech] Perl: Can I declare $main::variable within a subroutine, whil

[vox-tech] Perl: Can I declare $main::variable within a subroutine, while using strict?

> cat ./tmp
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

create();

print "$tmp\n";

sub create {

        $main::tmp = 1;
}

> ./tmp
Global symbol "$tmp" requires explicit package name at ./tmp line 6.
Execution of ./tmp aborted due to compilation errors.

Jay Strauss
jjstrauss@yahoo.com