[vox-tech] Re: audio cd burning

Thanks to everybody for their help.
One of the problems was that the cd I was using to troubleshoot my
setup couldn't be read (even by cdparanoia in its full paranoiac
mode).  This was causing cdrdao to fail (it uses the paranoia
library, too).  When I found another cd,

>$ mkdir /tmp/mycd
>$ cd /tmp/mycd
>$ cdparanoia -B -X
>$ cdrecord -v -audio dev=foo,bar,foo speed=foobar *.wav

worked wonderfully.  However,
#cdrdao copy --device 0,1,0 --source 0,0,0 --on-the-fly --driver
generic-mmc --source-driver generic-mmc:0x20 --buffers 80
--paranoia-mode 0
works well too, and is a wee bit faster, since cdrdao with the on the
fly option interleaves reads and writes and leaves your hard drive
more or less out of the picture.  Notice that with cdrdao, to copy at
4x, I have to turn paranoia off or I get buffer underruns, hence
--paranoia-mode 0. The other option is to --speed 2, but this is even
slower than using cdrecord...
Toodles,
Nick