Re: [vox-tech] help mapping mouse 1 click to the windows key

Re: [vox-tech] help mapping mouse 1 click to the windows key

	No answer, just some misc..

* Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> [010731 06:45], about
> [vox-tech] help mapping mouse 1 click to the windows key:
:when replying to spam, i usually do a lot of cut and pasting from output of
:whois to mutt.  my life would be much better if my hands didn't have to move
:from the keyboard.

	What is this 'cut and pasting'?  I don't know if you've ever met
Alvin Oga (runs linux-1u.com or something), he said something to the
effect.. "if I have to do something more than once, I automate it".  aka,
scripting and whatnot.  I think you could probably take adcomplain and
enhance it to do what you want, yes/no?  Though my problem with whois has
traditionally been not knowing which whois server to try, though that
problem is probably exacerbated on the cmd-line!  (a d} or c} in vi sounds
much nicer. ;^)

I started a weak shell script that ran cmds (eg taking an IP address and
running rblcheck and rlytest and whois on it, for the latter, I would do one
whois at a time, then ask if I needed to do another one, lest the previous
one didn't give me what I wanted, not the best solution, but still saving
MANY keystrokes.. ;^)
Ohh, and I would always have adcomplain sending my mails/reports to spamcop,
as well as all the RBL-services (if I verified them as open relays).  Though
neither of those like to get whois info and the such, they all feel they can
do that well enough themselves.  Personally I think time would be better
spent working with others fighting spam, so that many can have the benefit
of receiving the effects of the work.

(I was thinking of Vipul's razor (razor.sourceforge.net) and some other
tools when that slashdot article about spam dbs was mentioned, dunno if it
was mentioned in the comments or not, had not a chance to check, and I'm
sure there are other such similar solutions.)

:but besides, i'm almost always in console, so xmodmap doesn't help me much
:anyway.  i'd rather have a console solution.

	Interesting question.. I'd never thought of using that key on the
cmd-line before, now you've got me curious!

>-- End of excerpt from Peter Jay Salzman

	-Ajay

BTW: Were we never going to fix the franz.mother.com problem?  Just checking..

--
Milpitas, ca	atallam@telocity.net	HempVille, Planet Talarian
			http://os2man.cjb.net/pictures/