Re: [vox-tech] What NIC's are good with Linux ?

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 04:27:01PM -0700, Donald Dunn wrote:
> I have had a frustrating time trying to install Mandrake SNF
> onto a PC.  Most recently the brand X NIC cards aren't found,
> I went to Fry's with the "Linux Hardware Compatibility " http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/
> page in hand.  None of the entries are on this shelves.
>
> Is this list a little out of date?  Is there a new one?
>
> What are several on-the-shelf compatible cards I can buy?

I usually go with Intel EtherPro 100s. These work great with the eepro100
driver; I've never had a problem.

Kingston cards have historically been very easy to set up (tulip driver) and
not too expensive. 3com cards are expensive, but also quite well supported; I
have several 3c905Bs.

--
Henry House