[vox-tech] log files

i'm sick and tired of looking at my logfiles for some dumb reason and finding
activity that i don't want to be happening like failed logins, attempts to
access insecure cgi's, ftp attempts that shouldn't be happening, etc.

i know there are utilities out there that look at logfiles on a regular basis
and reports suspicious activity.   does anyone here use one?   any
recommendations?

pete