January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] sgml, xml question

> > > SGML or XML (DocBook). Or Linuxdoc SGML.

BTW: I read recently (can't find the link) that there
is a Schema recommendation that is going forward in
the w3c and that schemas are preferred to DTD because
DTDs are not standardized, for example, if 2 companies
are writing DTDs to deal with currency exchange, they
have to agree to write the DTDs the same way so that
they will be compatible in the way they handle these
currency values. XML schema will standardize the way
currency values are used, along with such things as
dates, wieghts, measures, etc. so that xml created by
different groups will be compatible in this respect
(don't have to keep reinventing the wheel...). I
thought that was interesting. I'd hate to have to go
back and re-code all my DTDs...
Eric

XML.org faq:
http://www.xml.org/xml/xmlfaq.shtml