Re: [vox-tech] Win2k and Linux Dual Boot

On Tuesday 24 July 2001 05:16 pm, you wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, John Verderber wrote:
> > I have done a dual boot with W2K and Redhat very successfully. And I used
> > the NT loader in W2K to boot both systems. It is  a bit involved for an
> > e-mail so if you want ot call me at (530) 661-3858 I can help you with it
> > or I can write down instructions if you like. Let me know
> > 						John Verderber
> > 						derb58@pacbell.net
>
>I understand you concerns with the NTloder boot. And I need to qualify my
letter. I ALWAYS have a dos partition when using NT or W2K at the beginning
of the disk. I find it a good way ito get in if the system screws up. Also
some of my hardware is configuarble with DOS utilities. And admittedly I
didnt have access to the NTFS filesystem in linux. But I did hav a FAT32
partition available. So I did qualify my proceedures, and Admittedly it was
not on a production server, just my own.