[vox-tech] Was: Re: [vox] repairing LILO on RH 7.1 install.

[vox-tech] Was: Re: [vox] repairing LILO on RH 7.1 install.

Moving to [vox-tech]....

Perhaps the kernel versions are different.  I've never had to boot from a
rescue disk before (I've been spoiled by bootable CDs), but there's a
command for RH 6.2 systems called mkbootdisk.  Part of the doc says: "The
only required argument is the kernel version to put onto the boot floppy."
So it seems that may be important.  I know John said he's using the boot
disk from the newest RH install, which may or may not be the same kernel
version as the old HD, and that may be the problem.

Let us know.