Re: [vox-tech] linking question

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is searched /first/,
then the explicit -L directories.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH may not be exported and defined,
but ".:lib:${HOME}/lib" or something like that is always
prepended to whatever other system directories this
variable may have.

--nostartfiles ignores system startup files on linking
--nostdlib applies to the linking process for /not/ having
the system search the default paths -- you must specify
any system libraries explicitly.

Brian S.