[vox] Any businesses in line-of-sight of 5th and Pena?

[vox] Any businesses in line-of-sight of 5th and Pena?

Are there any businesses in the line of sight of 5th and Pena that might be
willing to help a LUG member establish an 802.11b broadband connection to the
Internet (ala Robert X. Cringely's 802.11b bootleg -- see
http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010712.html for details)?

SBC's jerking Matt and I around by not telling us when we can expect the
residential gateway to be partitioned for DSL, and OmSoft/Megapath can't get us
service because of this...  @Home's not an option, thanks to TCI's terrible
infrastructure, so now we're left with dialup or satellite...  Both are
unpalletable.

Can anyone help, or know of alternative solutions mentioned in replies to Mark's
email?

Thanks much in advance!

-- Geoffrey