Re: [vox-tech] gimp fonts question

bill,

debian doesn't have gfontsel, but it does have gfontview.  what a great app!
i just spent the last 10 minutes playing around and having fun with it.

gfontview was able to view my TT fonts, but i had to tell it what directory
they're in.  once it knew their location, it viewed them fine.

i take this to be a bad omen.  my X config file is set up correctly.  and in
fact, many other apps can view these TT fonts.  since i'm using X 4.0, my TT
fonts should be as transparent to use as any other font.

well, i just wanted to make sure people here can access TT fonts from within
gimp.  if anyone has immediate ideas, i'm all ears.

at this point, i'm heading over to deja.com...

pete

begin: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> quote