Re: [vox-tech] Getting around the Winmodem

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Larry Ozeran wrote:

> I am trying to ftp files to my website.
==8<--

Do you have shell access to your website?  If you do, you can zip up all
your files, move the zipped file to windows partition, ftp the file from
windows, then telnet to the webserver and unzip 'em.

If you don't have a shell access, a similar idea might work if you unzip
the files under windows before uploading them.  You might have to set the
"allow all lowercase filename" option under windows.  Different file
formats (zip, tar, etc.) and different unzipping programs (infozip, gnu
zip/tar, winzip) also may behave differently so try different
combinations.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim