Re: [vox-tech] Setting up a real environment

Re: [vox-tech] Setting up a real environment

I feel less qualified to give an opinion on hardware stuff; but I will
anyway :)

Spending less money up front isn't always the best solution.  If there
are significant reasons for using such high-power equipment as you
list below, I wouldn't skimp in that area for mission-critical
systems.  I'd say always make sure you use equipment that can handle a
very sizeable chunk more than the very worst you will ever demand of
it (after all, you wouldn't buy a car whose top speed is 70MPH if you
were planning on driving it about 68MPH on the freeway...)

Micah

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 04:21:15PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> I was thinking I could address the hardware costs by running on some other
> hardware, maybe a big Compaq server or something?

<snip rest>