January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] backing up the master boot record

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us wrote:

> 512 is the right number.
> Thus, your assertion that "it won't hurt" assumes you have chosen the
> right number, and Pete is simply trying to confirm that value.

Well, it doesn't hurt to backup as much as you can, then figure out what
the right number is later, "later" being as late as the time the hard
drive actually crashes and needs to be restored...

-Mark, whose email.com service has been restored and is receiving double
copies of all e-mails...

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/