Re: [vox-tech] windows question

ok, thank you, foo.  that makes a lot of sense.

for everyone's info, we lost our first windows OS at an installfest.  wasn't
terrible -- the dude had backed up everything, and was really cool about it.
it sucked because i helped out with the X install on this laptop, and i
worked damned hard at it (that was about the time i yelled "linux god").  ;)

i have a set of notes that i've taken for my own personal use during the
installfests.  if anyone would care to look at them, i'd appreciate the
comments.  if anyone intends on making a linux/winnt or linux/win2k dualboot
at the IF, please do read this before starting.

please email me, offlist, for a copy of the notes.  they're a bit too long
and specialized for posting to the list.

thanks,
pete

ps- i told the dude to come to tomorrow's meeting; i'll be installing linux
on his laptop during the meeting.  gabe, if i'm not done by the time you
start, i apologize in advance.

begin: Foo Lim <fwlim@ucdavis.edu> quote