Re: [vox-tech] If I was to install debian

Re: [vox-tech] If I was to install debian

> no problem.  with hard drive prices like they are these days, you can toss
> 20 gigger around like a floppy disk.  heck; it almost costs as much.
;-)

Not when you work at a supermarket =)  The only computer part I have that is
semi-up-to-date is my 16x CD burner, that does NOT work in Linux.

> you're using reiserfs?   dang, that's sweet.  i've been waiting till
summer
> to try it out.   what exactly happens when you pull the plug?   does some
> fsck type thing still run?   or does the computer go up without a disk
sanity
> check?

It boots like normal =)

>did you convert the part to reiser?  or did you format it reiser when
> you installed the base system?

I converted it to ReiserFS.  I just tarred everything in my home dir, then
copied it to another partition, then did mkreiserfs on it, and copied
everything back.  When I installed I had / formatted as ReiserFS, and I
converted my /home because it would still fsck if it got shut off wrong.

www.dirac.org/p