[vox-tech] [owner-vox-tech@lists.mother.com: BOUNCE vox-tech@lists.lugod

[vox-tech] [owner-vox-tech@lists.mother.com: BOUNCE vox-tech@lists.lugod.org: Non-member submission from [Jeff Lambert <jlambert@webc0der.net>]]

----- Forwarded message from owner-vox-tech@lists.mother.com -----
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:10:54 -0800
From: Jeff Lambert <jlambert@webc0der.net>
To: "vox-tech@lists.mother.com" <vox-tech@franz.mother.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [vox-tech] FTPing in a script

At 6/13/2001 10:31:00 AM, you wrote:
>i did this, but it was a LOOOONG time ago, and it was on a sunos machine.
>this was before linux ever existed, in fact.  i did use a here file, btw.
>
>check out expect; you can use it either with perl or tcl.  if you don't know
>perl, this would be a good excuse to learn it.  :-)
>
>pete

if you happen to have PHP on that machine this may be an easier solution

<?
//connect
if(!($ftp = ftp_connect("localhost")))
{
	print("Unable to connect!\n");
	exit();
}

//login
if(!(ftp_login($ftp, "username", "password"))
{
	print("Unable to login!\n");
	exit();
}

//save_file
ftp_get($ftp, "/path/to/store/file", "/path/where/file/is", FTP_ASCII);

//close_the_connection
ftp_quit($ftp);
?>

hope this helps
- Jeff Lambert
  Web Developer/Programmer
Webc0der.Net
http://www.webc0der.net
Custom web applicatioins built to serve your needs

----- End forwarded message -----