Re: [vox-tech] I'm missing a bunch of headers...

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> not sure if that's a fruitful endeavor.  the problem is almost certainly with
> your OS, not with the kernel.  if gcc is broken then it's in your best
> interest to fix gcc, not to try to hammer the kernel to compile.
>
> btw, i've compiled 2.4.5 with no problems on debian woody.
>
> hate to say the obvious, but did you check the redhat site for updates on
> gcc/egcs?
>
> btw, removing files from the kernel is sure to cause heartache.  there are
> some strange dependencies that you wouldn't think of.
>
> come to think of it, did you try to compile 2.4.4?   2.4.3?  2.4.2?  i would
> be interested to hear whether a previous kernel would compile.
>
> pete

Yeah, I've tried almost EVERY kernel.  I've been thinking about trying
Debian lately, but Will Smith tried it and told me that it's not for me
(cause I'm a lazy asshole.)  I kinda like the .rpm files, but as much as
Mandrake pisses me off with all of it's "I'm gonna do this for you, and
not tell you how I did it" bullcrap, I'm willing to switch.  Then on the
other hand, Will was telling me you have to set up EVERYTHING by hand in
Debian, and I'm not up for that (cause I'm a lazy asshole.)  I dunno,
maybe I should switch, maybe not.  Maybe one of you Debian fans can
persuade me?

		BRAD