[vox-tech] any floppy medics here?

It seems my floppy drive is as dead as a door.

I have exactly 1 disk that I can boot from, from my original Deb
install. But, I can't do *anything* else!.

I can't mount, dd, tar, mkfs, fdformat... Nothing! I don't even have any
messages to give any help.  It's truly non-responsive.  The process either
times out, or I have to kill it.  The drive light doesn't even come on.

Things I have checked:
I do have a /dev/fd0 device, read and write permissions.
It has power and data cable connection (I can boot that one disk).
I have tried many different disks, which do work in other machines.

Help?

-- Chris