[vox-tech] Passing the reference to a hash - in perl

[vox-tech] Passing the reference to a hash - in perl

Howdy again,

I'm getting:
Can't use string ("1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at
/home/jstrauss/Perllib/Common.pm line 76.

essentially from my main program I'm:

my %hash;
getHostInfo(\%hash);

then from Common.pm I have:

sub getHostInfo {
   my $hostref = @_;
   $hostref->{IP} = '192.168.0.1';
}

I'm passing a reference to a hash, then in my subroutine I'm dereferencing
it and assigning it, what the heck?
Jay

Jay Strauss
jjstrauss@yahoo.com