Re: [vox-tech] Sound Card Set-up

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Rusty Minden wrote:
> You reminded me to check the modules I used lsmod and I only had the one
> going for my NIC. I used your settings:
> # modprobe sb io=0x220 irq=10 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330
> and I have sound working great :-) I am once again a happy penguin.
[chop]

Woo Hoo! Excellent!

They say "Red Bull gives you wings" Ha!

(Little girl pointing to bell ringing on a Christmas tree...)
"Look daddy! Teacher says every time a bell rings, another Linux box has
been configured to give its user wings!" (Yeah, I know it is bad.)

You may want to exmaine editing the file /etc/modules (assuming you have
it) and adding an entry for your sb module. You can add the args like you
did with the command line to the /etc/modules file and have them get
loaded on start. (With 2.4 series, issue with kerneld change, but I
*think* you can stil use /etc/modules for modules you want to have
loaded. (Someone else will prob correct me if I have this wrong.) :-)

eg:
(reading /etc/modules :)
---
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a `#', and everything on the line after them are ignored.
# An entry named `auto' will cause the system to start kerneld immediately.
# Kerneld then loads modules on demand. `noauto' disables kerneld completely.

auto
#some modules unrelated to the sound issue. Here just as an example file
sheep_net
ethertap

#a sb module ref with the expected settings for your machine...
sb io=0x240 irq=10 dma=3 dma16=7 mpu_io=0x330

#others also unrelated...
hfs
smbfs
---