Re: [vox-tech] Help! with GIMP

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> bleah.  libranet is a mess.   nobody should mess with (near) perfection.  :)
>
> cam, you can grab the sid and woody packages from the debian website.  here's
> the updated woody package:
>
> ii  gimp1.1        1.1.17-3       Developers' release of the GNU Image Manipul
> ii  gimp1.1-nonfre 1.1.17-3       GIF and TIFF support for the GNU Image Manip
> ii  gimp1.1-perl   1.1.17-3       Perl support and plugins for The GIMP

gimp1.1 is part of potato, and that is what I had (emphasis -- I blew it
away and went after the source code.  However, I need Gtk-Perl, which
won't install because it can't find ldb.)

> going to debian's website, it appears that they have 1.2:

There have bene problems with sid recently -- I need my system to work
without problems, or I hear about it from the rest of the family, not to
mention it interfering with my work.

However, gimp1.2 is in woody, I see.

Having blown gimp1.1 away, I think I will try re-installing to see what
happens.  If that doesn't work, I shall re-point my apt.sources to woody
and go after 1.2.

Expect to hear from me

And thanks for the input/advice.

Cheers