[vox-tech] VFAT (FAT32 and FAT16) reconstruction

[vox-tech] VFAT (FAT32 and FAT16) reconstruction

Hey all:

I am trying to do research on pulling apart (and reconstruction of) dos file
systems.  Basically, I want to create a copy of the tree on a different file
system, while saving deleted blocks.  Does anyone know of any (open source)
tools that will:

1.  Walk through the FAT, and create copies of (valid, undamaged) entries on
another file system.
(and)
2.  Write unused (or damaged) sectors/blocks to another file system for
analysis.

I looked on deja, freshmeat and sourceforge, but came up negatory.

Tia

Jan