Re: [vox-tech] Redirecting wget output to stdout?

William Kendrick wrote:
> Maybe try:
>
>   lynx -dump ftp://username:password@ftp.server.net/path/to/file
>
> If you leave out the ":password" before the "@server", it will prompt you
> interactively (probably not what you want in a non-interactive script :) )
>
> If you leave out the "username[:password]@" altogether, it will, of course,
> use "anonymous" as the username.

I can start downloading the file from the "graphical" page with:

lynx ftp://login:pasword@server/file

but this doesn't work:

lynx -dump ftp://login:pasword@server/file

I tried declaring the port (server:21) and the file type (;type =I), but
no luck. Again, I can get the file with wget using the same login and
passwd entries, but just haven't been able to figure out how to redirect
to stdout. And I thought this would be easy. :-)

:wq
--
Eric Engelhard