Re: [vox-tech] keys and keybinding

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Henry House wrote:

> Yes, I did ;-). The answer is to run 'showkey' (NOT while X is running) and
> press keys to see what code they generate.
>
> This won't help when your keyboard is broken by design, alas. My Mac has two
> option/alt keys, and both generate the same scancode. Bleh.

So, it turns out the function key modifies certain keys (func-uparrow gives me
pageup, as i already knew), but not the keys i'm interested in...
(no log messages either)

this sucks, since i'm going for func-f5, for one, since under windows, that's
the key combo that dims the lcd... :/

i know the bios must be registering some kind of modified keypress, cuz
windows knows when to run the dim-thingamabober...

of course, this wouldn't have helped me much, since i'd still need to figure
out how to control the lcd hardware, but it would have been a step forward :)

-Gabe