Re: [vox-tech] keys and keybinding

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 12:30:06PM -0700, Gabriel Rosa wrote:
> I'm saying that i might have to implement the key event generating myself, as
> in, hack xfree/console/whatever to respond to whatever code the key generates.
> I'm asking if there's a simpler way of doing that.

The keyboard hardware must generate a scancode. X converts scancodes into
keycodes, which allows programs to reliably, for example, test whether the
key pressed is the right alt key, even though the hardware scancode differs
radically across platforms. The scancode->keycode maps are text files.

Does the key produce codes in showkey?

--
Henry House