Re: [vox-tech] keys and keybinding

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> begin: Gabriel Rosa <grosa@ucdavis.edu> quote
> >
> > hey all,
> >
> > on the subject of binding and remapping keys, if a key doesn't generate an
> > event (as caught by xev) is that the end of the line for me?
>
> i would have to say yes!  what key doesn't generate an event?

the function key on my laptop :)
i'd like to bind some events to func-key combinations.

> > are there any other solutions? or do i need to start writing some code?
> are you saying a key "works" under console and "doesn't work" under X?

I'm saying that i might have to implement the key event generating myself, as
in, hack xfree/console/whatever to respond to whatever code the key generates.
I'm asking if there's a simpler way of doing that.

-Gabe